Top News for November 2016
Aging Industry Insider
Top Reads from Around the Web
Each day from current news feeds and research taken from social media streams, I will post the top stories that give you in-depth look into aging and senior care. This news feed will help you save time and effort when seeking top reads, studies, and articles that help you age with dignity, live independently and safely, and the ones that significantly impact your health.
- Managing stress
- 7 ways to thank a caregiver in your life
- Build a Support Network for Your Aging Loved Ones
- Staying in a family home can become a strain for both the elderly and their adult children. Forcing an obstinate parent to move is wrenching.
- Family Caregivers Feeling the Most Strain
- Caregivers Gain Influence as America Ages, New Results from 2016 Voter Polling Data and Survey Show
- A campaign launched by the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a) and the AARP Foundation aims to raise awareness of the growing problem of social isolation and loneliness in older Americans.
- Useful strategies to battle isolation and loneliness.
- Expand your circles to avoid isolation and loneliness.
- Volunteer companions focus giving on those alone in the hospital.
- Going to the Emergency Room Without Leaving the Living Room
- Create a safety net for those aging alone.
- Animals help older adults feel connected.
- How to grow older alone.
- Why some grown kids cut off their parents.
- Between Solitude and Loneliness
- Tech-enabled financial advisory service focused on retirees help customers plan, budget, and keep their money safe
- Will your children inherit your debt?
- How do you stay engaged in your community when aging alone?
- Be aware of the signs of heart attack
- CDC Reveals Top 5 Causes of Death
- Why Urinary Tract Infections Are More Harmful If You're Older
- Stay aware of possible drug interactions so you stay safe
- Family friction: Six strategies for happier holidays
- I'm 70 and single. I have a strong support system. But when I got sick, it wasn't enough.
- Try these cooking hacks for healthy eating
- 1 in 6 Americans gets food poisoning each year. Check your steps: Clean, Separate, Cook, Chill
- Ways Trump's win could affect the fight against health care fraud
- The connection between housing and health care
End of Life Care
- Why doctors choose to die differently
- Surviving the holiday season after a significant loss
- Assisted Suicide
- How Libraries Can Be Health Lifelines For The Most Vulnerable
- The need for public transportation
- A creative partnership to resolve the transportation issue
- Programs to know about
- Local non-profits that offer senior care and help
- Get moving, here's how walking keeps you in shape
- Secrets to a longer, healthier life
- Exercise is the key to mobility, which helps physical and mental health
- Ways to prioritize your fitness
- Community leaders need to focus on affordable options
- It takes a neighborhood: New program helps seniors with services
- Existing home sales jumped last month while new home sales underwhelmed
- Healthy Aging Begins at Home